Tekton DIs or Legacy Focus SEs?

I saw on the forum the huge discussion of the Tekton DI speakers after I had been looking at them and the Legacy Focus SEs. I have upgraded my components to many Agoner's advice and I'm now running a Parasound Halo A-21 with a Mac C48 pre, all pushing B&W 802 Matrix 3 speakers. While I love my 802s, I'm frustrated with the lack of rock performance they produce, Jazz is definitely more their forte! Can any of you Agoners who've heard or owned both help me with this dilemma so I can push the button on one of these obviously awesome speakers???Thanx!

Steve

128x128cohicks4
+1 for Legacy SE's they rock! Oh, and you certainly won't need a sub. Can't speak to the DI's.
As Charles mentioned I had both speakers in my home for over a month. Both are great speakers. I sold the Legacys and have been enjoying the DI's for over a year now. Both speakers did many things right but to my ears the DI's are more musical and definitely more dynamic. In my room the DI's disappear creating a wall of sound that is deep, dynamic and precise with great tone and realism. The DI's won't be in my main system for long though......my DI SE's should be arriving in the next month ;)
Thanks all! I think this gives me enough AMMO, to make a decision. I do love the aesthetic of the Legacys better and figured they would have more bass. As I said, my 802s are weak there, so I’ve been craving the speakers of old where 12-15 inch woofers were commonplace and gave a good visceral smack to your chest. But the majority rules, so I will try the DI’s...they’ll fit my listening room better anyway.
Cochicks4, I have the tekton monitor impact their dynamic and live presentation are hard to beat, how much more is the DI, my bet you will keep them. I only hear legacy speakers on audio shows they look very nice.
Cohicks here is the skinny we are Legacy dealers and are signed up to represent the Tekton DI SE when they ship out to dealers.

We have heard both here is the tale of the tape:

Price:

Legacy $7k a pair  Tekton with decent paint and wire upgrades $4,300.00 upgraded Tekton Se are going to be $6,500.00 so that will make them both very close. Winner Tekton

Styling: Legacy is much more elegant facted cabinet, vs plain box winner Legacy

Imaging: Tie both are excellent the Legacy's have a bit more defined sound stage, the Tekton's do throw a big image with a unique layered quality in the midrange. 

Impact: tie the Di is a bit easier to drive, the Legacy's generally work better with solid state in terms of bass the Signatures really benefit from a high damping factor solid state the Nuprime ST 10 at $1,695.00 sounds freaking amazing on them, with unbeliveable bass and dynamics. 

Tie

Ease of Drive: Although both systems are high effiiency the Legacy is a bit harder to control the large conventional designed bass drivers, 

Winner Tekton

Resolution: the Legacy's Heil AMT tweeter and upper midrange have a bit more air and sparkle

Winner Legacy

Midrange accuracy the DI tend to sound a bit more real on male vocals with a bit more weight.  

Overall this is a tough choice if you love air, clarity, stunning cabinetry for a bit more money Legacy

If you want absolute bargin for the money, and value a warmer tonality with a bit less treble clarity, and a bit of a boxy look Tekton.

In terms of Mac48025, setup the Zotel amp design as well as an SET is not good at controlling a woofer with the type of conventional design, like the Legacy, Eric uses Emminance pro drivers which are much less sensitive to having a higher damping factor, so the Tekton's are less fussy about an amplifiers damping factor and drive for that reason and I think Mac loves a really warm sound which the Tektons are warmer is the reason why he fell for the Tekton's over the Legacys. 

A conventional push pull or a high damping factor switching amplifier makes the Legacies come alive. 

I hope that helps either way you can't lose with either of these titans it will all come down to personal taste and what you value.

Davve and Troy 
Audio Doctor NJ