THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec
So funny
by any global standard, anybody with a stereo let alone an audiophile system is rich...
peace out

Bruce:   To make this simple one could pay VPI the 399.00 for the balanced box that they already make and plug in the JMW VPI tonearm and you have it.....What I would do , is since I don't want to use the VPI tonearm, I would take a Rega 700 tonearm.....Remove the cable and change the cable connection to right channel +&- and the left channel +&- and make the ground separate hooked to each ground in the XLR's..........But I won't pay 399.00 for that little box, so I guess I'll have to make one............Problem solved.......MAYBE !!

Rega can be easy  dissasampled and rewired. Then the

XLR connectors can be soldered. Togther about 100 GBP.

" willemj, If you’re so smart, why aren’t you rich? "

He is not as smart as he pretends and the rich are not as stupid as he thinks, simple!
I liked @dc_bruce’s posting on the substance. I know some of you like to swap or upgrade the phono cable, but for the most part, i’ve used hard wired tone arm leads, no junction box.
I appreciate the benefits of balanced connections generally, but how much of a sonic improvement by running the phono leads into a balanced input on the phono stage? (My phono stage, an Allnic, does not have balanced phono inputs. I’m pretty happy with the sound, not a question of modifying or changing gear, just curious).
PS: Is the improvement mainly in the area of lower noise when you are dealing with tiny voltages to begin with?
TIA.