THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec
bdp24:  I have one of each Audio Research SP-6 and SP-6A and SP-6B and SP-6c......I  need the little box to put the parts in......But I can make one if I have to....I was thinking of buying the RCA box and changing the RCA's to XLR's......If we keep busy we won't get in trouble........Will
Will, I share your dislike of unipivots, having had two of them in my youth. But I haven’t spent any time with the Graham, which my old pal Brooks Berdan liked and sold a lot of. By the way, the very interesting Trans-Fi Terminator is an arm featuring radial tracking, an air bearing, and a dual unipivot design!---Eric.

What about headshell wire for 160 euro? There are even more

expensive while they seldom fit because there is no standard 

for the cart connectors nor for the headshell clips . If others follow

my solution those producers will be out of business: I solder my

own.

It is one of many examples of greedy business practices in the audiophile market, and naive customers who take this for granted because they have allowed themselves to be persuaded that normal technical rules of the game do not apply. As someone recently wrote: extortionate prices are a tax on ignorance.