THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec

What about headshell wire for 160 euro? There are even more

expensive while they seldom fit because there is no standard 

for the cart connectors nor for the headshell clips . If others follow

my solution those producers will be out of business: I solder my

own.

It is one of many examples of greedy business practices in the audiophile market, and naive customers who take this for granted because they have allowed themselves to be persuaded that normal technical rules of the game do not apply. As someone recently wrote: extortionate prices are a tax on ignorance.
Post removed 
"It is one of many examples of greedy business practices in the audiophile market, and naive customers...extortionate prices are a tax on ignorance."
This is a very silly remark there is no extortion going on here because there is no coercion you seem to be suffering from the belief that what is right for you is right for everyone but the actual truth of this particular matter is that the $400 price that you consider to be illegal because extortion is itself illegal is actually for some members of the audiophile community a trivial expense and the kind of cost they can absorb without having any negative impact on their household budget. While for some audiophiles the cost might mean they have to eat beans for a week instead of steak for others the $400 cost is what Americans call "pocket change" or "walking around money" if you do not like the price of coarse you are free to not make the purchase and pursue another means of accomplishing your audio objectives but to call this a tax on ignorance is itself an ignorant statement but it probably makes you feel better about yourself because for you this price is something you cannot pay and I understand that.