Opening a can of worms

Here is the can filled with opinions. It's been hashed and rehashed to infinity and beyond with no clear result. Since I am a seeker of truth I'll post my thoughts here for the yea and naysayers to debate over. Question is: Are expensive speaker or any other cable in a system worth the exorbitant cost over a reasonably priced cable loom? I thought I'd  experiment myself to find out. My comparison is between Transparent Ultra cable loom and Blue Jeans cable loom on a pure stereo system comprised of Proceed PAV,  Proceed PDSD,  Krell Kav 250, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Sony Ps4300 TT and B&W 803D2 speakers. All sources were used by this experiment using identical playback material. Cables had in excess of 200 hrs burn time and all were identical in lenght. The only variation were the connector manufacturers.
One change that occurred during this 4 week long endeavor was that I'm firmly seated on the sharpest picket on the fence.
My result is that I'm now a believer that there are audible differences in cables. I also believe that these differences are minute and one has to really listen carefully and for a long time to discern these differences.
Now to the crutch of the matter, $$$$$, As we all know Transparent Cables would reside in the upper tier of Audio Cable expense.  Blue Jeans Cable on the other hand falls into the lowest tier of expense (well maybe not lowest but low nontheless )
One would think then that the Transparent would be far superior to the BJs. Not really! Yes the highs were a little cleaner, mids a little tighter and lows a tad more pronounced but not by as much as one would expect. Soundstage was somewhat more open and airy and depth was somewhat more defined with the higher priced cable but again less than one would expect. 

Now for my personal opinion regarding the cable debate: expensive cable looms are slightly better than reasonable priced looms, if a dollar equals a penny to you then by all means opt for the higher priced loom, if a penny equals a penny don't be ashamed for opting for the best you can do. The differences are so minute that it's not worth going into debt over. BOTH looms sounded superb on my test system and I would be happy with either loom.

Now let the debate begin, just know I'm a fence sitter and not in one camp or the other
128x128gillatgh
I also listen for a long time before making changes to understand what I am hearing and determine what changes I think should be made. These are relative to live acoustic instruments. Tone, timbre, harmonics are all on the table.
I concur w/ kypete.
the Transparent Super up to the Reference does require 300-400 hours of burn-in to bloom. The Reference/ReferenceXL/OPUS will require 500 hours and more to open, bloom.
Very good information and points of view in this thread.
Happy Listening!
Jafant, 
I can't be convinced that any conductor could take 300-500 hours to burn-in.  Other than confirmation bias, there is no reason based on physics that supports the conclusion that the wire "improves" from a SQ perspective after this period of time. Lengthy run-in with speakers, that clearly is a mechanical process.  But 500 hours of burn-in for wire defies logic.  It seem the pricier the cable that is being sold, the longer the required run-in time.   Count me as a denier.  
@whitestix 
so you are saying you never hear any difference of any cable, fuse, capacitor, wire, or any other kind of upgrade ? Not immediately and not over time? Then you should probably own a pioneer sx 950 and a pair of pioneer speakers from the 70's because all components are essentially the same and the rest is smoke and mirrors?
@whitestix   I don't think jafant was talking about the wire burning in.  That would be silly!  What's burning in, or more appropriately "forming" to the wire inside of it, is the dielectric; be it teflon or polyethylene or whatever...