Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
@milpai

With all due respect what speakers are you getting? I think Esoteric is waisted on anything other than SOTA top of the line speakers (between 5 and 10 times the cost of the source).

I am trying to tackle your "is it worth it?" question....and I am suggesting the answer is that it really depends on the quality of your speakers (the highest distorting and lowest fidelity part of any digital setup).
@gdhal ,
I have 0% use for the Oppo as a video player. The Oppo is in a dedicated listening room without any video playback. In fact all the setups on the Oppo can be done via the app - so no video required. I have set up the Oppo for 2-channel listening. I have not paid much attention to the DACs, it is on the default setting.
But this does not mean that I am regretting my choice. I really like the Oppo. It is just that I am not finding it as harsh as folks make it out to be.

@2psyop ,
I don't think that the Oppo is a hype at all. It makes some beautiful music.The price to performance ratio is pretty high. My point was, is sounding "hi-fi" really what people call the "real deal", or is it sounding smooth that is the "real deal". This player does not sound bright as some people make it to be. I think people make up their minds based on other's experience, or what they heard.

@shadorne ,
I will be getting the ProAc D48Rs. Yes, I do understand what you are saying. The ProAcs are a B--I--I--I--I--I--G stretch for me. But the idea was to do it right after spending so much time and money on a speaker that I was looking for, for the past 2 years.
Good choice of speaker. I don’t think the latest ESS chips sound digital harsh - I think it is more analog sounding than previous generations but with a remarkable clarity. I don’t know about the Oppo implementation but based on their track record I think you picked a very practical, flexible and solid winner rather than an obsolete but superb expensive boat anchor.
With Esoteric, you're comparing dedicated audio disc players costing five figures with a universal/BDP player costing less than $2K.

They both are highly lauded and have their places and you would be happy with either. In the end, how much do you want to spend?