Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@jarcopo I liked the AHB2 but not enough to keep it. I was persuaded to take it home as my friend didn't like his and wanted to sell it cheap. No complaints on the performance it just didn't jive with my system. Did you get to try it with Double Impacts?
vitop, In reference to your ZOTL 10 comments, I find the LTA gear responds dramatically to tube rolling to match the sound you want with your system. The MZ2 needs to be gain matched with your system, the stock unit may have too much gain when used with highly efficient speakers and can sound a little bright/thin, tube rolling can lower the gain and restore the magic the MZ2 is fully capable of producing. The 10 can also be massaged with rolling glass. LTA and David aren't done yet, more goodies are coming from the collaberation.
So I received my Tekton Double Impacts three weeks ago. A big part of why I ordered them was Terry London's review and of course the potential of listening to a speaker that was comparable to some that cost thousands more.

I was starting with Zu Omen Dirty weekends (as seen in Steve Guttenbergs review) and a peachtree iNova amp and loved the sound that came from them. The problem with them was that I had to run my sound through an equalizer to improve the treble response of those speakers ( which are very dark) and I was really looking for a pair that I didn't have to do that with.

I will add that I really like a much stronger treble response than most so there is that.

In between getting the speakers I upgraded to one of peachtree's Nova150 amps. The treble response to me was much better though not necessarily my ideal (my ideal would probably be the sound coming from Final Audio Sonorous IV headphones, for reference).

I ordered mine in 4 ohm (which I recommend most of you do if you amp can support it), Charcoal black with the upgrade package. 

These things were much bigger than I anticipated and they shipped only with floor spikes which aren't ideal for my laminate flooring. Right out of the box, I didn't think they sounded that great.

I had to make the following changes before I was finally happy with the sound coming from them.

- Bought their in-house speaker wire (which was a significant upgrade from the generic wiring I'd bought before)
-Upgraded to a Nova300 (this really firmed up the bass and clarity)

Now i'd say that they sound deliciously sweet. They are very transparent so it really depends on how the music you listen to was recorded and the quality that you play them back in. 

I regularly listen to them at lower volumes at night and often find that it is three hours later and I really need to go to bed.

Was it an earth shattering experience for me? I'd say no, but I will say that it is a better sound than what I had before.

I'm extremely curious to pair them with a high quality tube amp like this:  “Doge - Prima Donna 88 Class A”

Either way I'm keeping them.

Perhaps the only thing that annoyed my about the speaker was the paint finish. My omens were a wood finish that was absolutely luscious to touch. The finish on my Double Impacts are not smooth and it feels a little sandpaper-esque, like the paint wasn't properly smoothed down post painting. The charcoal color makes them look like dull boxes sitting in my living room- good thing they sound good.