Preamp w/ a budget of $2000

Hi All, 

I'm looking to replace my NAD preamp. It is now the weak link in my system. I would like to keep the budget to 2K or less. Requirements: Pre out or sub out, MM phono section, and a remote.

Associated equipment:
Amps: Anthem MCA 20, Red Dragon M-100 monoblocks
Sources: Bluesound node 2, TV, ProJect Debut Carbon
Speaker(s): I do a lot of switching out- Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S, Gallo 3.1 reference, MMGs, Green Mountain Audio Continuum I, DIY Nola Brio Trio Clones
Subs: Paradigm Monitor Sub 12" x2, REL T-7 x 2
Cables: Anticable IC's throughout, Anticable Speaker wire, Audio Magic Speaker cable

I am a detail freak and tend to like my sound towards the more clinical side of things. Of course imaging, soundstage depth/width, and image focus are important. I listen to a lot of Jazz and recently a fair bit of electronic as well. 

Any and all advice or direction would be appreciated. 

Best- Ben
128x128birdfan
2K:

I would look into
CJ ET-3 used, or the classic with teflon upgrade.

I looked at the NAD preamp, it ran HOTTT, too hot for a preamp.
no reason a preamp should run that hot.

parasound P5 or P3.  good preamps, tons of features, and heard only good things.

used Sanders Preamp?
bensturgeon

I am a Jazz hound myself and love all of the inner, intricate,  detail that makes that music so special.
Excellent suggestions from the panel. I will second Conrad Johnson, Classic 2SE or ET-3. You will want to buy the best pre-amp you can, as it is the heart, of any system.

Happy Listening!
Jolida Fusion Preamp is very musical. Lots of gain. Will definitely wake your system up. For 2K you could get one with some upgrades. I have the Vishnay resistor upgrade and upgraded tubes.