Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
Thanks Jeffrey. I’ll check it out.

The latest Oppos are said to be excellent mod candidates. I recommend ModWright. Dan does 205 mods. Excellent! No need for an external DAC then 8^D

Dave

High end cables of any kind, from Audioquest or Synergistic Research for example, absolutely make noticeable improvements in video reproduction.  One should buy what ever one's wallet and sound/video values permit.  People that say high end hdmi cables make no difference have poor listening skills or hearing and/or have never heard these type of cables.

Having eyes and ears, and the other two senses too, does not make  a person observant.   Being able to eat food, or hear sound, or see does not instantly make a person observant.  Practice makes perfect. 

Observing the details and changes that happen over time with audio and video hones the skills needed to appreciate what high end cable manufacturers create.  They know what they are doing!

If you have good listening and viewing skills and so can see and hear differences in video and audio reproductions, then try the Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI.  It will please you as you watch and/ or listen to your system.  If you can afford the Vodka HDMI cable, by all means get it.  

If your visual or audio observation skills are poor, then a better reproduction of video or audio will be difficult, and probably unimportant to you, so don't even read about better cables.

I am using the Diamond HDMI cable.  It was like getting an upgrade on my top of the line Sony displays.  Brighter, better contrast, blacks, more 3D, transparency, etc.  No other way to get these results.  Quite shocking really.

Overall, these changes, with the Audioquest HDMI upgrade was very natural.  I found the Wireworld cables overly etched and not natural the way they changed the images and audio.

Give it a try.

For HDMI video the cable that produces an outstanding picture quality is the Monoprice Certified 4k cables. They are not too expensive and I compared them to the top of the line Wireworld, the Monoprice certified 4K is better.
With my Oppo 205 I am using the analog outs.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427
ozzy 

Well, I noticed those with lower budget tend to say anything to justify lower priced items are Giant Killers. This has been going on for years. I have personally tried and it can say from experience this is utterly nonsense. The UDP 205 is no doubt an excellent piece of engineering and well worth the price, but comparing it to high end dacs with engineering focused on higher fidelity is going to leave you disappointed. The Oppo can do many things but its not what I would consider a High End DAC/Player.