Most Beautiful Receiver / Integrated - Ever was... ?

Time for what I hope is another fun thread. Please include links if you can.

I'm curious to everyone what you think the hottest/sexiest most interesting integrated or receiver ever was. For me, brands like these would probably be in the running:

• Carver
  • Kyocera
  • Tandberg
  • Revox (old)

It didn't have to work, or sound good. Just had to do it for you in the looks department.
erik_squires
Given that this was introduced as a fun thread, and based on a liberal interpretation of the word "receiver," I’ll nominate the cobalt blue mirrored Sparton Nocturne radio, ca. 1936.

It was designed (in terms of appearance) by a noted industrial designer named Walter Dorwin Teague, and is considered to be an iconic example of art deco industrial design. Very few are known to exist, and on the rare occasion when one appears for sale I believe they go for something like $50K.

Best regards,
-- Al

P.S: The photo doesn’t provide an indication of its size; it is about 4 feet in diameter.

I've owned a few (4?) over the years...and kept going back to them. Pioneer sx-1280:

http://cigh.net/SX1280thumbs/IMG1.JPG

Considering what people want for them these days, I'm not likely to have another. Too much hassle.

That Spartan Nocturne is very nice.

Making copies with extreme analog fidelity (no digital or digital RF hook ups!!!) (get off yer butt!)  would very likely turn good business.

My first system was from the 1970's. I was in the Army in Germany. We had a dedicated PX that was LOADED with gorgeous receivers. I have a catalogue from that time. It's not in color but it does list all available equipment and prices. Where can I upload it to so all can enjoy? Joe