Golden ear triton 1 vs tekton double impact speakers

With so much positive information about both do you have a preference? Have you heard both?
tooth2th
@milpai

Without my even trying to get into any king of "pissing contest" or having to "defend" anything here, please allow me to provide feedback to your latest post within this thread.

I too note the Tekton DI thread on the forum, and I can gather by all the positive comments that they are likely a good sounding speaking and perhaps more importantly a great overall value. And as for professional reviews, I have yet to see any professional review that doesn't have a lot of positive things to say about whatever it is he/she is reviewing.

As for Golden Ear, I'm willing to bet that for every satisfied Tekton DI owners, there are at least twice as many satisfied Golden Ear Triton One owners. While as you state it looks like the DIs replaced some $20k loudspeakers that the reviewers had - and I take you mean "bested" - I've seen reviews comparing the T1s to $50K loudspeakers and besting them. In fact, I personally have auditioned the Alta Statement Towers with an MSRP of $200K and prefer the sound of the T1.

Golden Ear has more accolades than perhaps any other speaker manufacturer. 
I had the Triton 2's a few years ago. I thought they were pretty good sounding. I replaced them with much more expensive Monitor Audio speakers. I just ordered the Tekton DI's so we'll see how they do.
I owned the Triton 1 for about 6 months. Very good speaker IMO. I feel the DIs do everything at least a little better. 
Hello all,

Here might be a different outlook between these 2 speakers.

Disclaimer, I'm a very happy satisfied DI owner that passed buying a nice set of magico Q'3 at 22k,they were a demo pair that my wife and I spent about 3hrs listening too at a out of state dealer.Now we all know that magico speakers are world class speakers but in the end I'm not going to spend that kind of money for a set speakers that are only 3 to 5% better in the presentation of sonics that I desire and they would have been at the top of my budget just for speakers.

Now even though I bought a upgraded pair of DI's I have upgraded mine much more and I really like mine.I haven't heard any of the GE's at all and personally I would'nt even consider them because I'm not a fan of powered speakers in any respect.Now I belong to a local audio club and maybe somebody will buy a pair and then I would give them a fair listen,I'm a open minded kind of guy,but I really don't care for reviews to much I would rather hear something myself.

I realize that some of the info about the DI's is kinda vague in general and I would like give some more info about for those folks that are interested.

I have taken some measurements of my DI's just to answer some of the questions that I wandered about them,
The six outer tweeters are crossed at 480hz to 10k and the middle tweeter plays 10k to 30k.The 2 midranges are crossed at 250hz to 5 to 6k and the 2 woofers are low passed by a simple 2nd order crossover at 250hz.

With all this being said here is a explanation that may provide a better understanding.

Even though these are tweeter transducers the six of them that form the circle, based on what frequencies they handle, radiate acoustically as if they were one six inch mid-range driver. The transducer in the middle is being used as a tweeter and handles the high end frequencies up to 30Khz. So, acoustically you have a six inch mid-range driver with a coaxial mounted tweeter which means it functions as a single point source. Now, by Eric figuring out how to make this work you get all the advantages of a coaxial driver, however the mid-range array weighs close to nothing leading to blazing speed/dynamics/micro-details compared to a regular six inch driver, regardless of what materials it is made out of it cannot be as light in weight. Yet, you still get not only remarkable transit response, but great control because each driver is small and well behaved. The closet you could come to this regarding weight/control would be a ribbon or AMT which cannot be used coaxial design as a single point source. Brilliant on his part!

The more I listen to the DI's regarding mid-range and high frequencies they easily rival any panel design/ribbon/AMT I have had in my system and surpass them in low end extension/dynamics and overall macro-dynamics.

Now I have been in this hobby of ours for more than 30yrs and I have owned and heard several speakers of all kinds and the DI's beat almost all of them for the sonic presentation that I want.

I'm not wishing to fuel any kind of pissing match I just want to give my opinion and back it up with actual measurements and other details.

I truly believe that either speakers would be very good It just depends on personal preference.

Best to all,

Kenny.