Who listens primarily to Redbook CD?

My primary (only, actually) source is a CEC TL5 Transport feeding an Audio Note Kit 1.1 NOS DAC through a Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme AES/EBU digital cable. They are both decked out with CT GE power cords, Synergistic Research Quantum Black fuses, Herbie's Audio Lab Tenderfeet isolation footers, plus other misc. tweaks.

Sounds great, and I have very little desire to add another source. Pretty much all the music I want is available on CD, and is usually quite cheap. I hope to upgrade to an AN factory DAC (3.1x/II, or better, would be nice), and a Teo Audio liquid metal digital cable (I have their Game Changer ICs, and absolutely love them!) in the future.

Who else is happy with Redbook CD as their primary source?
tommylion
Dear sir, I have and adcom GDC 700 HDCD decoder listening to an hdcd encoded cd is like night and day compared to redbooks. The dynamics are incredible, you hear instruments and vocal inflections you never thought possible through your system. Blake Sheltons newest cd is recorded in hdcd and the sound is off the charts. Some on this forum seem to think its no big deal, but take it from me it's a big deal, look for an adcom 700, 250-300 used. You will thank me.
Funny but I also have a CEC transport feeding an Audio Note Kits Dac (3.1 sig) and I only listen to Redbook CDs. I do listen to 60% vinyl because it sounds even better on the right recordings, but Redbook sounds great. It is largely about system balance, though I am sure high res could sound great. It mqa sounds as good as vinyl I will be the first to dump it all and start streaming.
I primarily listen to CD and SACDs only. Bluetooth is a distant second at 10% of the time. Pretty happy with the setup, but need to upgrade the CDP soon.
I am absolutely happy with my Redbook CD's. In fact, you don't need anything else. High definition audio is a gimmick, nobody can hear the difference in a blind test.
Echoing what has been said, the best digital I've heard was at an audio show. It was a few years ago in the MSB room. What I thought was computer audio turned out to "just" a CD.

I only hope I've enough years left in me to see that level of tech trickle down to a decently priced CDP.

All the best,
Nonoise