Would a Lamm ll2.1 deluxe slay a Parasound JC2?

Hi. 

I have been thinking of adding a tube preamp to my chain to get a little more body and feel to the music. 

I currently have a Parasound JC2 which is detailed and dynamic. Very good really. But I may have trade and cash opportunity for a Lamm ll2.1 deluxe. It would be going into a new Bryston Cubed power amp. 

I havent heard a Lamm. Would it be a much better piece? Worthy of trying to work a deal?

argon66
Argon66 are you looking to buy new, if so contact Lamm and they will recommend a couple of their dealers, I did and got 1,200.00 off retail and it shipped direct from Lamm to me.

Parasound JC2 seems to offer more performance for less money paid. Lamm products including 2.1 seem to be blown like soap bubble... In other words overly-over-valued.

I was looking to potentially do a trade with the owner of the Lamm. 

I always do wonder about whats in the box to justify the cost. 
I guess less can be more so to speak. 
In the end, the true test is what one hears...which is always a challenge if you cant A/B whats on the table
go for the LAMM you can always sell it if its not to your liking and buy another Parasound as they are all over the place. the Tube pre will add so much more musicality to your system then the Parasound can. I went from all SS to Tube and never looked back.  I'm listening to much more music now then I used to that is what keeps me with the Tubes.