Speaker cables if your amp isn't between your speakers

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice on upgrading my speaker cables. My amp (and the rest of my equipment) sits to one side of my speakers. This means one  speaker is about four feet from the amp, and the other is 10-12 feet. I'm thinking of upgrading my speaker cables and it seems I either need to buy a set of cables 10-12 feet long or buy cables that can be ordered to length.  Buying a matching pair will obviously cost more and will be less tidy. Ordering specific lengths seems to decrease the choice significantly (at least in Australia where I live). I'm interested in what others have done in this situation. Spend the extra and deal with the mess, or go custom. My speakers are Wilson Audio Duette series 1 and my amp is a Plinius integrated. My current cables are the base model anticables   Thanks in advance. 
daniel_b
A few feet differences in length is not go To make a difference in sound quality so don't let that influence your purchasing new wire 
For years I had the amp off to the side. Bought equal length cables. I figured that if I ever wanted to sell the cables, equal length was the way to go
Go custom -- buy some 12 AWG copper wire and banana plugs and make your own cables. It will cost you just a few dollars.

Cables don't matter. Save your money for something really important.
Hi all, there are some great suggestions here that have given me plenty to think about. I must say I find speaker cable selection to be one of the hardest parts of this hobby to make sense of! Thanks to all who responded. 
A few feet of difference will not make a sound difference. In my rig I have 8 feet on one side and 15 feet on the other. No issue at all with sound quality. Just purchase some bulk Duelund stranded 16 gauge cable in cotton from Parts Connextion. Do not terminate and use the bare tinned wire for best sound quality. It will sound amazing and cost you very little.   This wire beats speaker cables costing more than $2000 a set. Many of us seasoned and experienced Aphiles are onto this secret! Great wire!