Infinity IRS Betas

Why are so many IRS Betas for sale
128x128jj77
They need room and a lot of good power. I wanted them some years back but didn’t have the means or the right amps for them. They were about $6K then, now 8 to 12,  those are  optimistic sellers.
Why are so many IRS Betas for sale

While they were/are a great speaker in times when Infinity was on top of the tree, those products have now got many years on them, and most by now are in need of a full resto job, and that is "very" expensive to do on these, unless you can do it yourself, then it’s just expensive and time consuming. So owners decide to flick them before they start costing them money.
If you can find a pair that has been fully restored by someone who knew what they were doing, then that a pair will serve you for many years to come, and sound great to boot. But these Infinty’s IRS and Betas also need boat anchor amps to get them going to their best.

Cheers George
Definitely a nostalgic factor and what the current market demands are. As someone who grew up with a pair, they are a high gamble today, as components , even high end ones, deteriorate and become compromised over time. 10k new or used with more reliable modern design would get one comparable or superior sound. And although the market plays a part, sellers only have to find one buyer, so they can essentially ask whatever they want. Plus unless you can find a local pair, shipping is expensive, and also brings it fair share of potential problems. However, audiophiles are insecure folks, who in search of the holy grail, often remove common sense, and often make rash "I have to have it" decisions. 
There is a guy I know who can restore them and has worked a number of the biggest IRS (forgot name). The Betas are currently over priced.  The speaker restorer is Bill Legal at Miller Sound.