Tekton Electron has been released

As expected, the Tekton Double Impact received a 5 star rave-up from Home Theatre Review. The reviewer made mention of a smaller version for those of us with smaller rooms. I shot Eric Alexander an email at about 8:30 last night and was surprised to receive a reply a few minutes later. He said that the scaled down version, which he named the Electron, had just gone live on his website a few minutes earlier.

I haven't heard any of his speakers yet, but I am really curious, especially about this one. I'm sure that conspiracy theorists will have plenty to say about the reviewer, and the weird patent (they already have savaged the patent, and I don't really blame them), but I am not as suspicious as some, and I think these speakers must be pretty good, or they wouldn't keep getting such enthusiastic reviews from users as well. I want to hear these speakers!  

128x128roxy54
Good point. I believe that I have read before of the same speaker sounding different with different finishes. An old Dahlquist model comes to mind. It was a box speaker that came in a regular wood finish as well as a rough Nextel type paint, and it was said that the two sounded different. 
Read the review about the Tekton Double Impact. Like many of you said, the looks are not that good. But the reviewer preferred it over the Acoustic Zen Crescendo Mk2 and YG Caramel. Looks like the Tekton beat those 2 speakers by a significant margin. That seems to be a great achievement by Tekton. Has anyone compared these Tektons with other loudspeakers? These could easily overload a medium sized room like mine. But these are good affordable speakers, it looks like.
Its nice to have so many options to choose from but I find the Tekton product line (or business model) a bit difficult to follow. Several speakers in almost exactly the same sizes with different designs and varying prices. I guess a long conversation with Eric is a required first step in trying to figure out which model to pick. The model that intrigues me most is his OB Sigma open baffle. My finger is resting on the trigger awaiting a nudge. Anyone tried that model?
Yeah......what Al said! What amazes me about Al's explanations is how he makes it so that I can understand the more technical aspects of audio. I feel that I should be paying tuition. Thanks once again Al for your enlightening contributions.

milpai, the DI's will work very well in a small room as they perform very well at low volume levels. If they are physically too large that's where the electron comes in. 

kalali, I hear you. I call Eric the mad speaker scientist as he's constantly inventing new models. Probably more models than needed but it's in his blood to create. I've not heard the OB Sigma's but have heard nothing but good things about them. 

wgutz, interesting point. I've owned Tektons in both the satin and automotive finishes and can't say there's any sonic difference. Like you I have a decent amount of quadratic diffusers in the room, maybe they lessen any reflection issues.
I read the review and what is most important to me, and perhaps mentioned less in the review, is more about the tone and refinement of the DI speaker. Sure the bass is bombastic and it sounds live etc... Wonder if it is a tad aggressive for some and lacking the sense of ease and warmth of the AZ Crescendo?

It seems like a dynamic champ, but if it comes with the slightest bit of listener fatigue, then all is lost with my ears. Look forward to hearing them at a show perhaps. The review is certainly intriguing reading like we should all sell our speakers and buy the best valued speaker ever built since the beginning of mankind. That is the bottom line of the review right? Very nteresting and has me intent on wanting to hear them myself.