What ever happened to Krell ?

I know they're still in business but it seems to me they've lost their hiend status they once had.
I might be wrong ,but looking at their products of late the build quality and visual appeal looks cheaper.
hiendmmoe
All the politics aside I reiterate that I have very high expectations from audio gear purchased and the three pieces I now have exude quality and performance commensurate with price. Chorus 5200, Foundation 4K and two box Phantom preamp. I also am fortunate enough to have Agostino, Wilson and Bricasti so I have some idea of what high end gear should sound like along with build quality. Its definitely worth checking out especially because of heavy discounts no doubt in part due to some of the negative feelings expressed herein. 

That's interesting because I owned a lot of Krell gear from FPB thru current gear and I prefer the new stuff.  To each his own!

Read the review from Mikey!  Buttery....lacking bottom end grip?  More tightly focused?  My read is the Dartzeels are severely colored and lacking in performance.  Also read the associated equipment...wow, good luck judging anything through that maze:()
None of these comments stopped me from just purchasing a recently recapped & serviced FBP-300 amp which should arrive from Krell in a few days. It's been over 20 years since I sold my KSA-50.

After recent searches led me to 30yr old Sound Lab speakers and a Technics SP10mk2 table circa 1980, I am in my own time warp lately. Let's hope I don't go back to cassettes recorded from my LPs too. IMHO the first FPB series from '96-97 was right in Krell's sweet spot and I look forward to getting it up and running here. Cheers,
Spencer
sbank, having owned everything from the KMA 100s all the way up to the FPB 700C, I believe you will be happy. I still have a KSA 250S which is a 250 upgraded to Sustained Plateau Biasing. It still sounds great.