What ever happened to Krell ?

I know they're still in business but it seems to me they've lost their hiend status they once had.
I might be wrong ,but looking at their products of late the build quality and visual appeal looks cheaper.
hiendmmoe
Read the review from Mikey!  Buttery....lacking bottom end grip?  More tightly focused?  My read is the Dartzeels are severely colored and lacking in performance.  Also read the associated equipment...wow, good luck judging anything through that maze:()
None of these comments stopped me from just purchasing a recently recapped & serviced FBP-300 amp which should arrive from Krell in a few days. It's been over 20 years since I sold my KSA-50.

After recent searches led me to 30yr old Sound Lab speakers and a Technics SP10mk2 table circa 1980, I am in my own time warp lately. Let's hope I don't go back to cassettes recorded from my LPs too. IMHO the first FPB series from '96-97 was right in Krell's sweet spot and I look forward to getting it up and running here. Cheers,
Spencer
sbank, having owned everything from the KMA 100s all the way up to the FPB 700C, I believe you will be happy. I still have a KSA 250S which is a 250 upgraded to Sustained Plateau Biasing. It still sounds great.
Any defense of Krell is not what they've done with anything outside their amplifiers. That they can somehow degrade and/or get rid of everything else w/o it affecting the amps is an interesting point of view. D'agostino the company appears to be growing & introducing new products at the rate Krell is shrinking & refusing to introduce & improve anything. The irony definitely leads somewhere. Most here understand buying the best of what Dan designed, preowned & revivifying it is far better value & quality then buying what's currently sold under the Krell name.

Krell will continue to shrink, deepening its unblemished history over the last 8 years of improving & introducing nothing & having ever decreasing profits bled from it, until it is no longer viable. Then the name & what assets are left will be unsentimentally sold to the highest bidder. The only interesting question is whether Dan will be interested at that point.
Dan is now Boutique...Krell is more mainstream for sure.  All of this blather is just noise however.  One buys what one likes and can afford.  It's all good stuff...enjoy!