Help me get started again. Tube amp...

I had a full on audio addiction up until about 10 years ago when my first child entered the world and my priorities changed.

Now as my kids are spending more time with their friends and in activities I find my time at home wishing I had a system to appreciate.

Luckily I still have some little Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a V2 tucked in a corner, a nice little passive preamp stored in a drawer and a sudden CD player that has been playing Disney music faithfully.

I need pair a tube amp and I may even get some Vinyl.

My first little tube amps (which I sold here and wish I still had them) were VTL tiny triodes (the late version) and then I had fun playing with all kinds of ST-70 circuits.  The VTL was better but rolling up my sleeves and redoing the ST-70s was great.

Since I have been out so long I have no clue what is what.  I could use some direction for a lower priced tube amp to get me started.

It was recommended to me to look for Audion 300B Silver Knight mono-blocks or Rogers E-20 or E-40 amps from Doug Stirling.  Finding these is perhaps not as easy in good working order and at a cost I like.

Any thoughts on how to best start up my addiction again?
portlandlay
I checked, the ad for the MR says it’s a classified. And OP should seriously consider it. Damn good amp, and american made so servicing is no problem.

If you have appropriate speakers and wanted to stay with the 300B low power option, here's another pair to consider.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wright-Sound-Company-Mono-8-300B-Vacuum-Tube-Amplifiers-Made-USA-/232233585259?hash=item3612334a6b

There are Quicksilver amps that are built here and should be in your price range (whatever that really is).  I have heard a few and think they are very good for the money.

If you liked VTL wait until you can buy VTL, or perhaps even Manley which his ex wife owns and runs.

Why not try out a modern design tube integrated, such as the Raven Audio Nighthawk, if you can swing it?  You even get a remote volume control, and the sound is sublime.

https://www.ravenaudio.com/Nighthawk-MK2-Integrated-Amplifier-_p_11.html