Mogami wire quality?

Say compared to Cardas? 
ptss
I'm one who would purchase exotic cables if I had a super expensive system that would merit such. Not because of sound improvement but more for aesthetics. If I owned a Ferrari, I would not put Craiger wheels on it although they would probably perform adequately. If I had a 2 million dollar house, I probably would not have Target furniture even though a chair is a chair. 

With that said, I always did wonder the sonic benefit of owning cables that are much better than the cables used on the majority of recordings we listen to. 
@dlcockrum interesting summary. 
Please add me to the "Posts with actual comparison of Mogami with other wire" category.

I've previously owned Cardas Golden Reference in both speaker wire and interconnects. They've all been sold as my system has evolved away from components where the manufacturer recommended and demonstrated gear using Golden Reference(i.e. Merlin, Joule Electra). One of my changes was to longer balanced cables and I chose Mogami(partially on suggestions from Atma-Sphere) as I was connecting his amps and preamp with long balanced runs. So it's not apples to apples, but I can say that balanced Mogami cables are natural, neutral and quiet. Do a great job fighting noise and don't really call attention to themselves. The Cardas were warm and lush helped tame hot tweeters, etc. In a more neutral transparent system I wouldn't think they'd be the best choice.
Since then, the whole system has changed, but the long balanced Mogami cables have stayed, and I've added another pair for connecting DAC to preamp. If they dressed them up in fancier jackets, changed the name to Indulgence by Mogami and tripled the price, they would sell more to the audiophile crowd. Cheers,
Spencer
Definitely adding you to the first category, Spencer.

I can't resist completely agreeing with your assessment of Cardas cables (excepting their litz tonearm wire). Veiled on top and best avoided if transparency in a priority.

I guess that makes this post an add to the last category. lol

Dave
Post removed