Budget Audiophile Looking For Amplifier Suggestions

Hi All,

I'm looking suggestions for a high quality ss 2-channel amplifier (120-150 WPC) made between 1998-2005 that may have sold for $2000-3000 but today would go for $800-$1100. What would you be looking for?

Best Regards,
Mike
mikte15
I can echo all the recommendations for the Sunfire as well. Just took possession of one yesterday and it is very musical indeed.

My personal favorite integrated is Vincent SV237 hybrid integrated. It gives you 150 wpc @ 8 ohm and 250 wpc @ 4 ohm. I have their SP331 hybrid amp and I think their products are underrated. A very overall neutral sound with nice punchy bass. Brand new $2500.

Though older than the '90's, an old Adcom GFA 555 would be my rec. Besides being cheap on the used market, they can be upgraded by Music Fidelity. I still have mine and it works as good as it did 25 years ago.
Mr. Pass made a heck of an amp.
Kalali,

The Vincent is gorgeous but I don't think it's been around long enough such that used models are in my budget range.  If I'm wrong on this please advise.  Also, where is it made? I did a quick search but didn't find an answer to that.
To all those recommending Sunfires, Bob Carver designs have been on my list for a while.  Thanks for the recommendation!