Who thinks $5K speaker cable really better than generic 14AWG cable?

I recently ordered high end speaker, power amp, and preamp to be installed in couple more weeks. So the next search are interconnect and speaker cable. After challenging the dealer and 3 of my so called audiophile friends, I think the only reason I would buy expensive cable is for its appearance to match with the high end gears but not for sound performance. I personally found out that $5K cable vs $10 cable are no difference, at least not to our ears. Prior to this, I was totally believe that cable makes a difference but not after this and reading few articles online.

Here is how I found out.

After the purchase of my system, I went to another dealer to ask for cable opinion (because the original dealer doesn't carry the brand I want) and once I told him my gears, he suggested me the high end expensive cable ranging from $5 - 10K pair, depending on length. He also suggested the minimum length must be 8-12ft. If longer than 12ft, I should upgrade to even more expensive series. So I challenged him that if he can show me the difference, I would purchase all 7 AQ Redwood cables from him.

It's a blind test and I would connect 3 different cables - 1 is the Audioquest Redwood, 1 is Cardas Audio Clear, and 1 my own generic 14AWG about 7ft. Same gears, same source, same song..... he started saying the first cable sound much better, wide, deep, bla...bla...bla......and second is decently good...bla...bla...bla.. and the last one sounded crappy and bla...bla...bla... BUT THE REALITY, I NEVER CHANGED THE CABLE, its the same 14AWG cable. I didn't disclosed and move on to second test. I told him I connected audioquest redwood but actually 14AWG and he started to praise the sound quality and next one I am connected the 14awg but actually is Redwood and he started to give negative comment. WOW!!!! Just blew me right off.

I did the same test with 3 of my audiophile friends and they all have difference inputs but no one really got it right. Especially the part where I use same generic 14awg cable and they all start to give different feedback!!!

SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? OR I AM THE LAST PERSON TO FIND OUT THAT EXPENSIVE CABLE JUST A RIP OFF?
sautan904
Yes the Duelund wire at $10 meter bests all the big dollar cable I have heard and owned over the years. Folks you must try this stuff and you will sell your high dollar cables. At least many of you will. 16 gauge stranded and tinned copper wire in oil impregnated cotton. Made like the Western Electric NOS wire from the 60s and 70s only better! Parts Connextion is the place to buy it. Amazing wire for ICs, speaker cable, hook-up wire...

Please do not use connectors on the speaker cable and simply use the bare wire. It is tinned and will not oxidize. You will smile big 😁

Very interesting post indeed. I'm part of the "cables make a difference" camp. Even my spouse, who by the way doesn't know anything audio, could hear a difference when I swapped out AQ mid-level cable (don't remember the model) with a Acoustic Zen Silver pair. I asked her if she could hear any difference in the sound of the music that she usually listens to. Her words were "it's like someone removed a veil off the speakers". 

The same thing happened when I replaced the Acoustic Zens connecting my phono-pre to the amp with Kimber K1130. It changed the soundstage.

My point is as long as the cables have good EMF/RFI rejection properties they should sound good. 
Never was a cable believer... I used to chuckle seeing all these cable posts... then I tried AQ Oak, and been a believer ever since.  No reason for me to spend money on something that doesnt work.  But boy... it did. 

I've tried other cabling... minimal difference.  I've tried AZ Satori.  Minimal diff to my 12g OFC stock wiring. 
If you can't hear the difference buy some lamp cord. I can hear a difference although I didn't want to hear it.