Who thinks $5K speaker cable really better than generic 14AWG cable?

I recently ordered high end speaker, power amp, and preamp to be installed in couple more weeks. So the next search are interconnect and speaker cable. After challenging the dealer and 3 of my so called audiophile friends, I think the only reason I would buy expensive cable is for its appearance to match with the high end gears but not for sound performance. I personally found out that $5K cable vs $10 cable are no difference, at least not to our ears. Prior to this, I was totally believe that cable makes a difference but not after this and reading few articles online.

Here is how I found out.

After the purchase of my system, I went to another dealer to ask for cable opinion (because the original dealer doesn't carry the brand I want) and once I told him my gears, he suggested me the high end expensive cable ranging from $5 - 10K pair, depending on length. He also suggested the minimum length must be 8-12ft. If longer than 12ft, I should upgrade to even more expensive series. So I challenged him that if he can show me the difference, I would purchase all 7 AQ Redwood cables from him.

It's a blind test and I would connect 3 different cables - 1 is the Audioquest Redwood, 1 is Cardas Audio Clear, and 1 my own generic 14AWG about 7ft. Same gears, same source, same song..... he started saying the first cable sound much better, wide, deep, bla...bla...bla......and second is decently good...bla...bla...bla.. and the last one sounded crappy and bla...bla...bla... BUT THE REALITY, I NEVER CHANGED THE CABLE, its the same 14AWG cable. I didn't disclosed and move on to second test. I told him I connected audioquest redwood but actually 14AWG and he started to praise the sound quality and next one I am connected the 14awg but actually is Redwood and he started to give negative comment. WOW!!!! Just blew me right off.

I did the same test with 3 of my audiophile friends and they all have difference inputs but no one really got it right. Especially the part where I use same generic 14awg cable and they all start to give different feedback!!!

SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? OR I AM THE LAST PERSON TO FIND OUT THAT EXPENSIVE CABLE JUST A RIP OFF?
sautan904
Sautan with those gear you will need a descent cables at least.Good gears deserve good cables...
I’m with you dill. Sautan invented this story of a blind test---it never happened. No dealer would allow a potential customer to do it, nor participate in it. Absolutely a bogus story.
@ jafant. It's not nice to post dealer or individuals  name here in forum. My main purpose isn't to make anyone looks bad but only to argue Cables doesn't really matter and you cannot really hear the difference. I dare to challenge that no expert can listen to music and tell exact brand & model of each cable nor expensive and cheap cables.

@ benjie. I tried very hard to listen the differences but I could not. They all sound the same to me when I play them on the same speaker, same preamp, same amp and same source. May be I ain't expert.

@ jayctoy. Yes. That's what I said. I will still get the fat and expensive cable just to match up with the gears. I am not going to drive a Ferrari with GTR wheel even if they perform great. The point is that sound quality from $10K cable will be same as $100 as long as the Length and AWG is same, I am pretty sure on this. 

I wish I still have the demo cables to keep on doing the test with other dealers.
I have told this many times but will relate my experience again.  System is Audio-gd master 7 dac to Shindo Auriges preamp to two David Berning 270Z power amps Bi amping Magnapan 3.6 speakers set up in Limage/HK positioning.
Interconects were Sablon Pantella, Auditorium 23 spaker cable for the Maggie ribbons and High Diamond 8 speaker cable for the mid and bass. About $5000 in cables. Replaced interconnects with Beldin 8402 microphone cable and Western Electric 16 gauge speaker cable on tweeter amp and Dueland  16 gauge speaker cable on the other amp. About $500 in total cabling. Did lots of ABing between all the cables and the cheaper stuff is simply better in every way. The emotional connection to music with the low price stuff is simply greater. Not saying that the high priced cable didn't sound terrific, just the Beldin, WE, Dueland is simply better to my ears im my totally subjective opinion
Alan