Killer Floor Standing Speakers under $4000 for Rock?

polling all ears (subjective I suppose) but would like to hear you people who have heard fairly high end speaker that kick ass in clarity for mostly Rock/ Fusion Jazz at high volumes with killer clean power .

I currently have a :
Marantz PM-11S1 Integrated amp
SVS SB-1000 Sub
NHT 2.3 Towers
Technics SL15

Klipsch/Paradigm/Infinity/B&W/Dynaudio/PSB ???
128x128tommypenngotti
dsnyder0cnn:  FWIW, I am always surprised by how good my brother's vintage Cerwin-Vega speakers sound, powered by a modest Denon AVR and mid-fi sources.  You would think they would be bright and distorted (the California sound?), but they are actually pretty good - reasonably smooth highs, fair detail retreaval, and decent transients.  I can't judge soundstage because of the processed surround sound, and deep bass is handled by a powered sub, but, still, they surprise me every other year when i visit for Thanksgiving.  Note that the speakers you linked have soft-dome tweeters, not what you'd expect from Cerwin Vega, but there you go.
If a speaker is good for rock its also good at jazz and classical. There is no such thing as a speaker that does rock better than other forms of music. This is one of the biggest myths in audio.

About all that is being said here is that a speaker needs to play loud and with bass. You need that for classical too. So what is desired just sounds like the best speaker for under $4k that is easy to drive and plays bass.
They don't "look" the part of rock speaker, but the loudest, most clear sounding speaker I've had in my home is the Gemme Audio Tanto V2. Quite efficient with a clean and clear sound, my amps would break a sweat before the speakers would. The transmission line design also offers great bass response. There's no crossover to damage if you rock out too hard and replacement drivers are fairly inexpensive and available as off the shelf units from Madisound. There's a pair on canada's audio mart right now that are under your budget. (no affiliation with seller). Definitely worth a look...I wish I hadn't sold mine.
Atmasphere..
i do not nessesarily agree....
first we have the problem of what it was mixed and mastered to sound like....so IF the studio is using NS1000 as the be all end all monitor well...the reults are going to vary...or a big JBL with a 8" or larger paper cone mid with breakup and ringing including sigificant out of phase 2nd order distortion ( that junk also counts as output...er efficiency...but that is a shall we say dirty secret)
My theory and it is shared is the lower distortion pistonic systems are truth tellers and they lay bare the recording and a lot of rock sounds really crappy on them...
hence some of the popularity of old tube stuff with tones of  higher order distortion to add back in..
my vintage system w 1960's Mac stuff sounds fab with rock...
run a modern hyper excellent say 2 L recording thru it and well it sucks..
to the OP just get some big JBL,s
or the best used Wilson you can afford..paper cones and all