Sony UHP-1 experience?

Sony has a new Universal Player out and it's getting good reviews.  I have a lot of SACDs and also Blu Ray Audio and some DVD A as well, and I always want to make sure that there are players at reasonable prices.  The Sony also plays High Res pcm and DSD .  On the Video side it doesn't do 4 K and some reviewers think this is fatal flaw but My concern is audio.  The player goes for $350.00 at Best Buy.  Has anyone here heard it?  It seems like it might be a great replacement for the Oppo 105, now discontinued 
mahler123
Very cool; I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing, jafant. If it comes in at a reasonable pice I would be very interested. I would be very interested to see what the UHP-H1 could do with such things as a better power supply and sturdier chassis.

Cheers,

Scott
@jafant 

Ah, that's the one Sony announced back in September that looks like the UHP-H1 but will do 4K. I do hope they "hot rod" it more than just adding 4K. It would be great if they made the audio as outstanding as the video. The UHP-H1 video is already excellent.

Cheers,

Scott
I'm with you Scott. I'm sure Sony could build one to outclass the OPPO 105 or 205D at lower cost; if they want.
Right On! samac

it would be good of Sony to return to form on its "ES" line.
This is an excellent opportunity to deliver the goods (no pun).

The flipside of this coin would be for modders to "trick it out" like ES spinners of the past.
Didn't see much detail about the unit's internal DAC in terms of the supported rates, etc. Also as for audio, does it do any upsampling and would it qualify as a good option if used just for just 2-channel audio? I'm trying to decide to either upgrade my current CDP - older JVC, or get a DAC instead and use the CDP just as a transport. This unit is right within my budget of <$500.