New system with periodic sound dropouts

Within the last 2 months I've gotten new speakers (Monitor Audio Gold 300), pre-amp (Primare Pre32) and power amp (Primare A32).  Since setting it up, there are times when my DAC loses the signal and no music plays for 1 - 2 seconds.  Other times music plays flawlessly with no dropouts.  I just tested the outlet where my gear is plugged in and got voltage readings between 123.5 - 125.9 (but I only had one drop out and that was earlier in the day).  My subdivision is less than 5 years old and all of our utilities are underground.  I've been considering an AC conditioner or regenerator. Do I really need one?  If power isn't the problem does anyone have an idea as to why my DAC sometimes loses the music signal?
mewsickbuff
As with many computer-related issues there are countless possible causes, but I doubt that power quality is a factor in this case.

If a wireless link is involved, as suggested above interference on the channel that is being used is certainly a possibility.

What specific make and model is the computer? Does it have a mechanical hard drive or an SSD? Is the music stored on the internal drive that is utilized by Windows and the server program, or on a second internal drive, or on an external drive?

Also, what anti-virus program are you using, and have you tried temporarily disabling it? Some anti-virus programs can slow a computer significantly.

Also, if you already haven't, under the Start icon/Settings/Update and Security/Advanced Options/Choose How Updates are Delivered, change the default setting of "on" to "off." Otherwise, as stated on that page, "your PC may also send parts of previously downloaded Windows updates and apps to PCs on your local network, or PCs ON THE INTERNET" [emphasis added], which among other conceivable issues may intermittently slow down your computer.

Finally, your reference to "the last 2 months" brings to mind that the major "Anniversary Update" to Windows 10 was probably automatically installed in your computer during the month of August.  If the computer and DAC combo was working properly prior to that time the Anniversary Update, which caused a variety of problems for many Windows 10 users, may have been a factor.

Regards,
-- Al

Latency and dropout... common when using Windows networking for music servers. It's the time it takes to buffer fill and has nothing to do with the electricity in the wall.
My computer is a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop connected wirelessly to AT&T’s network. The Microsoft Windows Update came through 9/30/2016. All music is stored on the internal hard drive.  Forgot to mention I also have a new 4 foot usb cable. Never had problems with the old 1 meter cable. Switching back to see if there’s a difference.
Ahhhh, hahaha.

I doubt seriously that it’s your USB cable. More likely it is your wireless connection.

Since all your music is local, one thing to try, turn your networking OFF. Windows and apps sometimes stutter when the network connection gets iffy, and this can affect ALL running applications. Another thing to turn off is any anti-virus canners. I normally tell AV to exclude music directories from scanning.

Another reason why I’m on Linux, but even then, Firefox for instance really sucks when network gets funky.

Best,

Erik