Turntable Platter Demagnetizing

I was wondering if I use a tape deck head Degausser if that would demagnetize the turntable platter. Anyone out there have some thoughts on this also any other ideas about this matter ?
128x128zoobull
True Geoff, one exception being the original (not the Mk.2 version, however) Thorens TD-124, which has a ferrous sub-platter, making it unsuitable for use with Decca/London cartridges.
Thanks for the exception. Now that I think about it a demagnetizer wouldn’t work on a steel/ferrous platter, anyway. Oh, well.

Auspicious first post and first reply. Can't agree that the response was indicative of arrogance and ego. 

The charged particles your supposing are not magnetic and I can't recall any platter in the last 40 years being magnetic either. Magnetism isn't your problem. A demagnetizer isn't your answer. But supposing it was, a tape head demagnetiser would be a tedious solution, and the analogy of a toothbrush used to clean a floor actually isn't a bad one at all. A bulk tape  eraser would be the way to go if you actually had he problem you supposed which you don't. 
Post removed 
I have a copper platter and would never dream of doing this however this being said using a Furutech Destat and damag will eliminate this problem.