Are there headphones that image in front of you rather than in your head?

I have and excellent room and system but I need a small and "just me" system. I have owned several headphones but found I cannot stand them and having performers in my head. 

Has anyone found headphones that keep performers in front of you?
tbg
Thanks, guys. I heard the Stax Pros long ago. I thought they were somewhat better, but still bothersome. I guess the brain would have to retrained to achieve what I want. Maybe those using earbuds daily teach their brain to move thing out front.
For fun, take a look at a vintage pair of AKG 1000 headphones. They are difficult to find these days and the sellers seem to think they are worth their weight in gold.
Right you are Tony, the Sigma. Pretty goofy looking, and really bulky. I should have known better, still owning a pair of Lambda Pros!
bdp24,

I also own a pair of Stax Lambda Signatures that I drive with a Stax SRM- T1S. They get less use now as I'm trying to break in my 009's. I don't think you can beat Stax for headphone sound. Obviously, that's just my opinion (formed over the last 25 years). 
Tonykay,

I would agree that the detail, timbre of instruments, high end, etc. are exemplary with the top Stax head phones, But you never experience realism and think you are at the recording session.

It strikes me that we should be able to duplicate in the brain the same thing as we get with speakers in our rooms.