Are there headphones that image in front of you rather than in your head?

I have and excellent room and system but I need a small and "just me" system. I have owned several headphones but found I cannot stand them and having performers in my head. 

Has anyone found headphones that keep performers in front of you?
tbg
The old Stax Lambda Pro's, which put the drivers in front of the ears, pointing not straight unto the ear canal, but slightly toward the backside of the wearer's head.
Stax Lambda Pro headphones position the drivers on the left and right, just like standard headphones. bdp24 was referring to the Stax Sigma phones that position the drivers perpendicular to the head, requiring a large bulky earcup. The sound was amazing but the appearance was a turnoff. Stax Sigma phones are seldom seen for sale as I don’t think many were sold back in their heyday. They had both Standard and Pro models available.
Thanks, guys. I heard the Stax Pros long ago. I thought they were somewhat better, but still bothersome. I guess the brain would have to retrained to achieve what I want. Maybe those using earbuds daily teach their brain to move thing out front.
For fun, take a look at a vintage pair of AKG 1000 headphones. They are difficult to find these days and the sellers seem to think they are worth their weight in gold.
Right you are Tony, the Sigma. Pretty goofy looking, and really bulky. I should have known better, still owning a pair of Lambda Pros!