Can't get ipad to control Tidal on Mini

Basically, that's it.   All blue tooth is on.....Tidal and Mini. (However, Mini doesn't "see" ipad in blue tooth page). Stupid question but, is this why? Does Tidal even allow ipads to control Tidal on desktop systems? 
It HAS to work..........right?
devilboy
Your iPad must be newer and not the first or second generation.  You need at least the newer Air model. Older 1 and 2 versions will not work.  All mini versions work.
you have to use a seperate app, you can't control Tidal on one unit by Tidal in another.

Use Chrome remote desktop and that should do it, you use it on the Ipad to control the nini.  That's what I used to do before i got an Auralic streamer
Thanks to all who replied.
If I use Chrome Remote Desktop, is the music going FROM the ipad wirelessly to the Mini? Or is the ipad controlling the music FROM the Mini? I hope it's the later.
Meaning, am I just using the ipad as a remote control?  If I'm paying $20 a month for lossless quality, I don't want it to go  wirelessly from my ipad to the computer.
What is "the Mini"? Can you be more clear? If it is the Aries Mini just download the DS Lightning app onto your ipad and you can use it to stream Tidal. And yes the ipad is just a remote control.