Can't get ipad to control Tidal on Mini

Basically, that's it.   All blue tooth is on.....Tidal and Mini. (However, Mini doesn't "see" ipad in blue tooth page). Stupid question but, is this why? Does Tidal even allow ipads to control Tidal on desktop systems? 
It HAS to work..........right?
devilboy
Um, no, I haven't heard of that feature. Tidal on the iPad plays on the iPad. Tidal on the Mini plays on the Mini.

You can use a remote virtual desktop software like Real VNC to remotely view and operate the Mini from the iPad. You'll need the app running on the iPad and Desktop version running on the Mini. This is great for all kinds of things, particularly if you're running a Mini "headless"

I don't remotely operate Tidal running on the Mini from my iPad because I use Roon for that. 

Roon is an application I suggest you look into. It has a great interface on both the desktop and iPad and will do what you want.

Good luck.
So if you mean an ipad mini yes you can run Tidal on it, mine has the Tidal app but I run Tidal via Lightning DS via my Auralic Aries Mini. And why bluetooth? Can't you just hook the mini up to your wifi?
Your iPad must be newer and not the first or second generation.  You need at least the newer Air model. Older 1 and 2 versions will not work.  All mini versions work.
you have to use a seperate app, you can't control Tidal on one unit by Tidal in another.

Use Chrome remote desktop and that should do it, you use it on the Ipad to control the nini.  That's what I used to do before i got an Auralic streamer