Integrated for Vandersteen 2ce sigII

A quick question. I'm thinking of purchasing the above said speakers and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about using my Marantz pm8004 or would a different integrated  amp be a better fit. Thanks
wmbode
Thanks everyone who has chimed in on this discussion, every bit of information has been very welcomed. mesch- a phono stage is important because this is a system I'm trying to build around analog, hence the reason I'm interested in a tube integrated. This will be my first foray into analog& tubes since I was a kid. 
I’m baffled by the open baffle comment, only because I though 2Cs weren’t open baffle speakers, simply time aligned drivers. I’ll go look it up…baffling…OK…looked it up…they have minimal baffles as all Vandies do.
Open baffle Needs power?????

Not the ones I have had experience with. 

2CE's do not need power contrary to all the talk out there.
They are an easy drive despite the sensitivity.
They have a first order crossover, makes it easy to drive.
Have driven mine with all sorts of amps they sounded good with everything I have thrown at them,.  From my present Line Magnetic 211IA 32w valve amp.  They even sound better to my ear with this amp in 10 W triode - go figure.
All the way up to a 500 W - 8 Ohm - 1000 W - 4 Ohm. Class D
Did the headroom improve - No!  

Not amp fussy at all, the Marantz will do fine till you get the urge to change.
They do however respond to changes in the source very well the better the source, the better they perform every time.
Spend your bucks there far more rewarding.

Given your situation, I would purchase the Vandys and use your current amp to get accustomed to the new sonics. If your amp proves a pleasing combination you might be set. Should you, down the road, desire to upgrade, you might consider purchasing an an external phonostage. One that mates well with your vinyl setup. This, in turn would would allow consideration of line level tube integrated amplifiers. 
 I think I will hold on to the marantz and see how it goes and search for a tube integrated and compare the two. It's funny how you get older and your taste change. I listed to vandys a few times in the past and didn't care for the laid back sound but now having a chance to listen to them again i really enjoyed them. So here I am completely changing audio directions. Irritates  my non audiophile wife.