Recommendation for Integrated Amp with Tone Controls

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a good integrated amp with tone controls. I want something more attractive than a NAD with enough power to give me some flexibility. Max of $1000 to spend. I am looking for a keeper for the long term.

Sadly enough most audiophile grade amps don't have tone controls but I do find myself missing something if I can't turn the treble up a little bit. Maybe I have some hearing loss from blasting Guns N Roses when I was a teenager. Thanks for the help!
128x128brimel1974
What does " more attractive than a NAD " mean? Better looking?

Anyway, for this budget doubt you'll do better than a used NAD C375 (~$700 used), has tone controls and the ability to switch them out.
I owned the Vincent sv-226, little brother to the sv-236. It was a great integrated. Wish i never sold mine.  A used 236 at $1000 would be on my short list if in that market.
Yeah that Vincent is really cool.

I am still considering the NAD series of integrated amps but I can't get past the looks. 
If I were going based on looks I'd get the Vincent or maybe a vintage received of which I've owned many. If I were going based on sound, I'd still get a Vincent. I ran across a smoking deal on an sv 237 so I snatched it up for a second system but I liked it so much I sold my separates.  It's a keeper for sure.
If you don't have a local Vincent dealer, Synergy Audio in PA is a dealer/installer/setup guy who knows a bunch about Vincent and has high integrity. If you are in driving distance he really knows how to conquer room issues via calibrated testing & treatment. Cheers,
Spencer