Recommendation for Integrated Amp with Tone Controls

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a good integrated amp with tone controls. I want something more attractive than a NAD with enough power to give me some flexibility. Max of $1000 to spend. I am looking for a keeper for the long term.

Sadly enough most audiophile grade amps don't have tone controls but I do find myself missing something if I can't turn the treble up a little bit. Maybe I have some hearing loss from blasting Guns N Roses when I was a teenager. Thanks for the help!
128x128brimel1974
A good friend who produces some of the live shows I mix has had a Vincent 236 for a while (uses the  Silverline Prelude main speakers I own, and it's where I first heard those) and it's a beast. The pics of these things don't convey how massive they are, and it sounds great (he loves the thing)…plus it has tubes in the front end so there's that. Getting a used one of these things is absolutely worth it if only for the "price per pound"…I have a Vincent/Kavent balanced preamp (Kavent S-33 same damn thing as the Vincent SA-93) with similar extreme heavy duty design (the preamp is clad in 1/4" aluminum, and it comes with a built in cigarette lighter…uh…wait…actually it doesn't, but still…) and it's amazingly good.
Thanks chrshanl37! But I thought that only applied to the speakers with built in amps?
Take a look at the Marantz US | PM8005. It's a bit over your limit but it may be what you're looking for. I have a PM-15S2b and it does great for double duty (music and movies) and has the tone controls you desire.

I believe it (like my Reference Series) is made in Japan and not China.

All the best,
Nonoise

Brime, I noticed that you were very clear on wanting tone controls, and an attractive piece at your stated budget.  I'm afraid you're going to either have to buy used, or up the budget as Nad has the bang for buck market cornered in the under $1000 price range.

Marantz might be another option, but will it blend well with your speakers?  Will it be enough power?  .