Recommendation for Integrated Amp with Tone Controls

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a good integrated amp with tone controls. I want something more attractive than a NAD with enough power to give me some flexibility. Max of $1000 to spend. I am looking for a keeper for the long term.

Sadly enough most audiophile grade amps don't have tone controls but I do find myself missing something if I can't turn the treble up a little bit. Maybe I have some hearing loss from blasting Guns N Roses when I was a teenager. Thanks for the help!
128x128brimel1974
Hi sbank,

I use a Sonos Connect. Not sure how I would digitally alter that source. The other issue would be TV broadcasts. My audio needs to do double duty.

thanks

Is used gear an option?
A restored "vintage" piece might be your best bang for the buck. The Sansui Integrateds seem to have a loyal following, and could be found within your budget. Accuphase and McIntosh gear of the same vintage might be a little outside your budget, but would be worth looking into.
A good friend who produces some of the live shows I mix has had a Vincent 236 for a while (uses the  Silverline Prelude main speakers I own, and it's where I first heard those) and it's a beast. The pics of these things don't convey how massive they are, and it sounds great (he loves the thing)…plus it has tubes in the front end so there's that. Getting a used one of these things is absolutely worth it if only for the "price per pound"…I have a Vincent/Kavent balanced preamp (Kavent S-33 same damn thing as the Vincent SA-93) with similar extreme heavy duty design (the preamp is clad in 1/4" aluminum, and it comes with a built in cigarette lighter…uh…wait…actually it doesn't, but still…) and it's amazingly good.
Thanks chrshanl37! But I thought that only applied to the speakers with built in amps?