Recommendation for Integrated Amp with Tone Controls

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a good integrated amp with tone controls. I want something more attractive than a NAD with enough power to give me some flexibility. Max of $1000 to spend. I am looking for a keeper for the long term.

Sadly enough most audiophile grade amps don't have tone controls but I do find myself missing something if I can't turn the treble up a little bit. Maybe I have some hearing loss from blasting Guns N Roses when I was a teenager. Thanks for the help!
128x128brimel1974
If you use computer audio as source, you can do EQ digitally and then are free to use any amp you prefer. Cheers,
Spencer
Hi sbank,

I use a Sonos Connect. Not sure how I would digitally alter that source. The other issue would be TV broadcasts. My audio needs to do double duty.

thanks

Is used gear an option?
A restored "vintage" piece might be your best bang for the buck. The Sansui Integrateds seem to have a loyal following, and could be found within your budget. Accuphase and McIntosh gear of the same vintage might be a little outside your budget, but would be worth looking into.
A good friend who produces some of the live shows I mix has had a Vincent 236 for a while (uses the  Silverline Prelude main speakers I own, and it's where I first heard those) and it's a beast. The pics of these things don't convey how massive they are, and it sounds great (he loves the thing)…plus it has tubes in the front end so there's that. Getting a used one of these things is absolutely worth it if only for the "price per pound"…I have a Vincent/Kavent balanced preamp (Kavent S-33 same damn thing as the Vincent SA-93) with similar extreme heavy duty design (the preamp is clad in 1/4" aluminum, and it comes with a built in cigarette lighter…uh…wait…actually it doesn't, but still…) and it's amazingly good.