Best Rock Album of 2016

Alright rock fans, let's get our annual thread started.

I'm really digging Sturgill Simpson's "A Sailor's Guide to Earth" - yeah, I know its not pure rock and roll as he's an alt-country/americana guy with country roots, but this album is just killer.  Easily will be on my top albums of the year list.  

keithr
Beth Hart... "Better Than Home".. her (swan song), IMO!

Haven't heard anything since.

Ozzy: If "painful" means GREAT!, I concur!
..in that she harnesses her pain, to achieve an lp that the end user feels her pain and becomes one!

Sorry if you don't get it.
Santigold's new album 99c is strong enough to be on many AOY lists. It reflects quite a few influences and as usual her music is hard to classify (Wiki says its art pop, alternative dance, new wave). 99c is close to being the perfect album with not one filler and every song well crafted. This album oozes classic from the album cover, sick beats and lyrically clever digs at our throw away and media mad culture. Production and sound quality are all excellent.
Just listened to the new Robin Trower album "Where Are You Going To?".  Excellent!  Man, can that dude play the guitar.  Reminded me a lot of the old Robin Trower.  Highly recommended.

The new Goo Goo Dolls "Boxes" is just okay.  I really like them, but the past couple of albums have left me kinda cold.