Best Rock Album of 2016

Alright rock fans, let's get our annual thread started.

I'm really digging Sturgill Simpson's "A Sailor's Guide to Earth" - yeah, I know its not pure rock and roll as he's an alt-country/americana guy with country roots, but this album is just killer.  Easily will be on my top albums of the year list.  

keithr

Showing 6 responses by mofimadness

I agree with the new Sturgill Simpson album, very good.  I also like the new Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals "Call It What It Is".

A couple of others:

Lissie-"My Wild West"
Santana-"IV"

I'm waiting patiently for new Beth Hart/Jeff Beck album.  Should be fantastic.
Thanks for the Maia Sharp recommendation!  Never heard of her, but Tidal has several of her albums.

God, I LOVE Tidal!!!
Beth Hart is painful!

Yeah, she's painfully WONDERFUL!  One of my favorite female vocalists.  Sorry if you don't like her, but hey, haters are gonna hate as the kids say...
Just listened to the new Robin Trower album "Where Are You Going To?".  Excellent!  Man, can that dude play the guitar.  Reminded me a lot of the old Robin Trower.  Highly recommended.

The new Goo Goo Dolls "Boxes" is just okay.  I really like them, but the past couple of albums have left me kinda cold.
Listened to the new Clapton all the way through twice now. Excellent! He has re-teamed up with Glyn Johns for this.

"I Still Do" is a 2 disc, 45RPM release and only sells for around $25!

Kinda like the Clapton of old. What is it with all these older guys suddenly finding their way again...like old times? Great for us.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/clapton-and-johns-team-and-create-musical-and-sonic-magic
Listened to the new Peter Wolf Album last night.  "A Cure For Loneliness".  A little different from his past few albums.

More on the Americana/Bluegrass/Country side of things, but still pretty damn good.

He does a Hillbilly/Bluegrass version of "Love Stinks" which is...well...unique.