I'm a Consumer Reports sort of guy. Is there a pla

Being a Consumer Reports sort of person, I was wondering if there is a place( magazine,internet, book, etc ) that reports unbiased info on repair history with regards to the most reliable amps,pre,etc.

Gary
garypic
No. For solid-state Pass Labs is tops in its class.
For tubes, Conrad Johnson or Audio Research are tops in their class.
Bryston's 20 year warranty always stood out as the strongest statement in the industry. 
Back in the Dan D. days, I remember driving my Krell amp to their CT facility for repairs, as I lived not far. The reaction was undocumented policy, but basically their team at the time implied that their stuff would always be fixed at no charge. Surely, the new regime doesn't hold that attitude. 
FWIW, although I've heard plenty and owned some Audio Research gear, IME their service / upgrade policies are closer to price gouging than to "tops in their class". There have been plenty of posts here and elsewhere from folks less than pleased with A. R. after they've bought from them. Again, only opinion, but I'd never recommend their gear for purchase unless it was used/depreciated already and I had a service technician that I trust if repairs ever were needed. Cheers,
Spencer
I like to tell the tale of my ProCo RAT guitar distortion stomp box. Bought it in maybe 1980 or something, sent it back in 1990 or so and it was returned repaired for free (warranty? HA…) with the pots and jacks replaced in a box full of candy. Next time I sent it in was around 2003 or so and it was returned in a box full of candy with a RAT t-shirt…also free of charge.  ProCo fan for life? You bet!