Neutral electronics are a farce...

Unless you're a rich recording engineer who record and listen to your own stuff on high end equipment, I doubt anyone can claim their stuff is neutral.  I get the feeling, if I were this guy, I'd be disappointed in the result. May be I'm wrong.
dracule1
Geodffdude...I meant to say that the  interconnects are shielded and the speaker wire I use is spiraled, but I shall now start worrying about large magnetic fields just to keep you happy. I'm a giver. My "dual mono" preamp has isolated transformers so I assume that's a good thing. Also, the philosophy I apply to my hifi rig is the same as what I apply in live sound mixing, less stuff in the way of the signal sounds better...to me anyway…for live it's about unstressed plentiful amp and mixer headroom with proper signal input trimming (you'd be surprised at how many inexperienced or simply lame live sound techs don't understand trim pots), and tone manipulation kept to a minimum…no compression. It could be argued that pro mixing boards aren't neutral at all, but I don't want to think about that…too frightening. My hifi rig doesn't even have balance controls let alone any tone stuff to manipulate them pesky electrons…but neutrality is relative to the listener's taste as the listener likely prefers some overall tone characteristic due to personal preference, not unlike my preference for tube amps for hifi and guitar, and in my car (hit a bump and the tubes fall out sometimes, not to mention the car's turntable skipping). 

Geoff, learn from the Wolf.  Take a chill pill on occasion.  

Dr. Mopman...signing off.
with the induced magnetic field produced by current flowing through all cables and wiring including those big honking transformers AND the RFI/EMI generate by the house AC as well as all those cute little microprocessing chips.

You can avoid that by going balanced line.

Balanced connections can reduce interference - including RFI & EMI - because the signal comprises two hot legs - one out of phase with the other - and a separate ground. Interference is typically induced equally into the two hot legs. The balanced circuit then reverses the phase on one of the hot legs (I'm oversimplifying, because getting into things like differential amplifiers here won't be helpful) and combines it with the other hot leg. The interference is now in phase on one leg, 180 degrees out of phase on the other, so the net result is that they cancel each other out, leaving the original signal intact.