Tonearm recommendation

Hello all,
Recently procured a Feickert Blackbird w/ the Jelco 12 inch tonearm.
The table is really good, and its a keeper. The Jelco is also very good, but not as good as my Fidelity Research FR66s. So the Jelco will eventually hit Ebay, and the question remains do I keep the FR66s or sell that and buy something modern in the 5-6 K range. My only point of reference is my old JMW-10 on my Aries MK1, so I don't know how the FR66s would compare to a modern arm. So I'd like to rely on the collective knowledge and experience of this group for a recommendation.

Keep the FR66s, or go modern in the 5-6K range, say a Moerch DP8 or maybe an SME.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are of course much appreciated.

Cheers,      Crazy Bill
wrm0325
I love my VPI 3D arm....easy to install..has every adjustment for your cartridge, is non resonant...what more could you ask

The arm and cart work as a team and for the Rosewood and 103r you probably can't better the FR66s. If you want a mono cart, I suspect the same goes for the Miyajima Zero.  With a removable headshell it would be relatively easy to switch carts.

I was under the impression the Blackbird could accommodate 2 arms. I don't know what's involved, but that might be an option to add a lighter arm?

Have you tried Thomas Schick "12 inch tonearm with your Denon 103r?
It's a beautiful modern high mass tonearm made especially for low compliance Denon and Ortofon SPU ... and the price is great. Definitely one of the most ellegant tonearm available today under $2000. I have one for sale after upgraded to more expensive Reed 3P. Schick is German build quality and top class bearing.  I would recommend you to look and read for customers feedbacks, denon 103r users are happy. 

Dear fleib: why is the best team those cartridges with that 66?, maybe I'm missing something and always is time to learn so some " light " from you can help all of us.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Hello all,
First, sorry it took so long to get back. Still, don't have any time to stay awhile now, so I'll be back later. Thanks to all who responded so far. I will fill in some missing info on my system later, and add further thoughts and questions.
First though,
Rauliruegas,
Obviously, you are no longer a fan of the FR66s ( though it appears you were in the past ), but you claim higher distortion levels for the FR arms over other arms. I'm wondering if you have, other than your IMHO, any empirical data to back up your thoughts. Have you, or anyone else that you know of or whose studies you have read and analyzed, actually done any tests that show increased distortion levels or compromised frequency balances on the FR66s compared to any tonearms you like, or any other for that matter.
I would dearly like to see some real data, as my ears and experience tell me something different ( My ears are with you on this one Halcro ). And, as we all know, while the final proof for each of us is in the listening, do you have any real data you could forward to us  other than your IMHO ( I, and I'm sure others, would dearly love to see it ).
So, if you have any real data ( and I hope you do ), please cite it.

Cheers, and enjoy the music,

Crazy Bill