Parasound Halo JC-1 for Thiel CS 5i

Hi,

I have a set of Thiel CS5i's that I am running with a W4S ST1000 amp.

Would Parasound Halo JC-1 mono amps be an improvement? Why?

Thanks,

Dsper

dsper

I agree stupid money, but what I’m sort of getting across is the JC1’s are maybe just as good (with more watts) and I’ve seen them for $3k for a ruff pair, these are $4k. in Australia they are around $16K

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-parasound-halo-jc-1-monoblock-amps-pair-no-paypal-fee-price-reduced-2015-12-29-amplifiers-85224-chandler-az

Cheers George

This may not help but I run the halo a21 on my Thiel cs2.4,s and it works great. I also use a BAT VK-3ix tube pre and I believe a tube/ss combo is the ticket for Theils. I don't think the JC will disappoint. 

Hi,

My local stereo store has loaned me an A21 for an in home trial so I will get a listen and see what comes of it.

Here is the interesting thing. It was suggested to consider the A31, which is three channel because, in a two channel setup, the third unused channel would add to the two channels in use, like give more power to the two channels being used in stereo mode. 

I am having trouble understanding this and am thinking that it might not be correct.

Is there anyone who has the technical expertise to comment on this?

Thanks,

Dsper

That A21 should be fine as well, not as good as the JC1 monoblocks but should do the trick.

As it is also a JC design with bi-polar (BJT) output stage, which should give good current ability as well.

As for the A31 adding power from the third to the two channels if the third is not used?????? (bit of sales bulls**t there) I think this is just a powersupply taxing thing not a bridging thing, as how can a signal channel be split to add to two separate channels???? (It can’t)

I’d stick to the A21, if you can’t afford or get the JC1’s.

Cheers George