Parasound Halo JC-1 for Thiel CS 5i

Hi,

I have a set of Thiel CS5i's that I am running with a W4S ST1000 amp.

Would Parasound Halo JC-1 mono amps be an improvement? Why?

Thanks,

Dsper

dsper

I agree stupid money, but what I’m sort of getting across is the JC1’s are maybe just as good (with more watts) and I’ve seen them for $3k for a ruff pair, these are $4k. in Australia they are around $16K

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-parasound-halo-jc-1-monoblock-amps-pair-no-paypal-fee-price-reduced-2015-12-29-amplifiers-85224-chandler-az

Cheers George

This may not help but I run the halo a21 on my Thiel cs2.4,s and it works great. I also use a BAT VK-3ix tube pre and I believe a tube/ss combo is the ticket for Theils. I don't think the JC will disappoint. 

Hi,

My local stereo store has loaned me an A21 for an in home trial so I will get a listen and see what comes of it.

Here is the interesting thing. It was suggested to consider the A31, which is three channel because, in a two channel setup, the third unused channel would add to the two channels in use, like give more power to the two channels being used in stereo mode. 

I am having trouble understanding this and am thinking that it might not be correct.

Is there anyone who has the technical expertise to comment on this?

Thanks,

Dsper