I'm considering used Vandersteen Quatro

They'll go into a room that is 13 x 21 x 8.5 ft.
Driven by a Prima Luna Classic.
They have a sn about 1900, I don't know what that says about their age.
I'll audition them with my gear on Saturday.

I'd appreciate any tips.
Thanks
jetson
@jetson - I think your wife will probably have an issue. The Vandersteens are bigger and will look more physically imposing than the Totems. My wife doesn't care too much because the stereo is down in the basement. Is there no other room you can use? If you've got the land, perhaps you can build a listening shed out back. (I believe Michael Lavorgna of AudioStream has a barn on his property for this purpose.)

In any case, my room is about 22' x 13.6' x 8' and I have the speakers firing down the long wall and about 24.25" from the back wall - measured from 'acoustic center' with the distance calculated using Vandersteen's 'odd dimensions' method. It's what sounds best so far to my ears while also accounting for room layout limitations.

You might get just as good (or better) results with a two-way standmount speaker and subwoofer.
John at Audio Connection, and Richard at Vandersteen.  Both ...the very best. 
the odd dimension placement makes any speaker sound better and you can always use the meter and a test disc to tweak for room nodes at listener position. The Vandy manual is a tour de force for proper setup...

Agree on the VAndy info all are giving.  Glad you went with the 2's.  You'll  love them I'm sure.  I'm running the Ayre AX5 Twenty with my Treo's and am trying to sell the Treo's for the Quatro's.  I will just install the filter on the inputs and manually plug in the balance out from my Rhea or the Balanced output from my Empirical OSDE/SE.  Not the best solution, but it works easily and I'm always up to put on a record so it's easy.