Newbie, old timer or returned to analog?

I remember in the 80's lots of folks were dumping vinyl. Seems to me that vinyl folks seem to fall in one of 3 categories- either you're new to vinyl, you've never abandoned vinyl, or you dumped your vinyl and have re-entered the vinyl world.

I started buying vinyl in the 70's and never gave up on vinyl. Sure I bought a CD player at some point but I never got rid of a single LP. And I am still buying vinyl. Can't recall the last cd I bought though.

How about you? Where on the spectrum are you?
128x128zavato
I stayed with vinyl all the way from my first mono Monkees album.  I do remember the last CD I bought - last week - it came with the Beatles ONE blu-ray set.  It's a remix of ONE.  The blu-rays are highest quality even by todays standards, if you don't mind lip synch promos.  They could have been filmed Yesterday (Ouch!).

I never really gave up on vinyl.  I clearly moved to digital in the 80's but I never sold my LP's or didn't have a tt in my system.  I will admit that the tt often had piles of CD's sitting on top of it.  When I upgraded my system I bought a new tt and I really started to listen again.  It gave me the audio bug back too.
Started buying records in the 60's. I never got rid of my vinyl but I stopped buying it mid-80s when CDs became so darn convenient. Remote control music was (is) awesome! But digital music has never really moved me the way my old albums did. (Or maybe cuz I stopped smoking pot about the same time I started buying CDs.)

Went into a Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago. It was amazing seeing all that vinyl on display. So...

I'm shopping for a TT and this time I'm really gonna put forth an effort into learning how to mount & adjust a cartridge. Hope that goes well. Factoring in the dope buzz, my eyesight and fingers make my current dexterity about equal to back then.

I come across my trusty old Discwasher brush every so often. The whole process of selecting, unsheathing, setting down, and brushing the disc was such a beloved ritual. Now there's record washers that cost more than my stereo and bigger than my clothes washer. 

Somebody really needs to re-introduce the old technology of record changers. Remote control has spoiled me. 
Started buying records in the 60's. I never got rid of my vinyl but I stopped buying it mid-80s when CDs became so darn convenient. Remote control music was (is) awesome! But digital music has never really moved me the way my old albums did. (Or maybe cuz I stopped smoking pot about the same time I started buying CDs.)

Went into a Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago. It was amazing seeing all that vinyl on display. So...

I'm shopping for a TT and this time I'm really gonna put forth an effort into learning how to mount & adjust a cartridge. Hope that goes well. Factoring in the dope buzz, my eyesight and fingers make my current dexterity about equal to back then.

I come across my trusty old Discwasher brush every so often. The whole process of selecting, unsheathing, setting down, and brushing the disc was such a beloved ritual. Now there's record washers that cost more than my stereo and bigger than my clothes washer. 

Somebody really needs to re-introduce the old technology of record changers. Remote control has spoiled me. 
I've been collecting and listening to vinyl since the 1960's.  I admit to having been sidetracked for a few years after the introduction of CD's, but I never gave up on vinyl, which is still my preferred medium.