why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
Zd452,

They will send you all the cables you want if you are willing to pay the 5 percent of the retail price of the cable plus shipping. They don't provide this service for free.
11-29-15: Taters

"They will send you all the cables you want if you are willing to pay the 5 percent of the retail price of the cable plus shipping. They don't provide this service for free."

That's not quite correct. The Cable Co. requires a 5 percent deposit, but its website says it "will be applied in full against purchases (cable or non-cable products) from The Cable Company, Usedcable.com, or our Ultra Systems affiliate."
"11-29-15: Taters
Zd452,

They will send you all the cables you want if you are willing to pay the 5 percent of the retail price of the cable plus shipping. They don't provide this service for free."

The 5% they charge you goes toward the cables if you end up buying them. If not, it goes into your account and you can spend it however you like. They're not looking to keep your 5%. In fact, when you use the 5% to buy something, you'll still get the standard discount of 10% on your purchase.

You'll pay shipping, of course. That's just a given.
@everyone. If somethings sounds great and it's cheaper it's a no brainer. Get what you can afford and enjoy it. Some cables perform way over their price points. It depends on your system. A cable will not always sound better if it costs more. However, we set the market. If we are paying they will keep selling. Enjoy what u have!
I would be ok using my old audio quest Quartz rca's, or would the groneberg Quattro ref be an improvement ver the audio quest Quartz cables???????   They are about 200$ 1.5m pair for groneberg. 

Or just save the cash and use my old audio quest Quartz. ?????