Who tried Class D only to return to S/S or Tube

And what were the reason you did a backflip back to S/S or tube.
As there are a few pro Class D threads being hammered at the moment, I thought I'd put this up, to get some perspective.

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Hi Phusis, your bring up an excellent point.... The problem of paper listeners who evaluate the musical experience basing themselves on printed graphs and figures... You find these types spread all over the tubed / ss / class D continuum.

Admittedly, I am fond of a neutral sound with a bare smidjin of warmth.... But my only criterion for judging if a particular device is to my liking is.... My own ears.

G.
I returned briefly and now I`m stumped.

I can hear a very thin additional layer of sound/decay on the BACKSIDE of the front to back image of the tube amp that just..JUST eludes the Class D amp.
I`m talking onion skin layer, barely perceptible if that makes any sense, the width and height of the Class D is really nice no issues there at all.

I THINK I may be able to bridge the gap with a tube phono stage and maybe recover that added/perceived dimension but my ASR Mini Basis MKII sounds so good to me that I`m scared to think what a tube phono stage might cost to better it.

My speakers need some power and I`m not sure I`m willing to spend the money needed for a tube amp that can provide the needed power that the Class D has on tap.

For once I agree with ebm...this thread is dead in the water....who gives a rat's a$$
Interesting thread, I've been wondering what the deal is with class D and have learned a fair amount already from this young thread already.