Who tried Class D only to return to S/S or Tube

And what were the reason you did a backflip back to S/S or tube.
As there are a few pro Class D threads being hammered at the moment, I thought I'd put this up, to get some perspective.

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
For once I agree with ebm...this thread is dead in the water....who gives a rat's a$$
Interesting thread, I've been wondering what the deal is with class D and have learned a fair amount already from this young thread already.
Me. Three times. Treble quality was atrocious. Roland, Job and one other. This was up until 4 years ago. People say they've gotten better. On each try, they were out of my system within 2 days. (Yes, they were broken in).
Jeffb28451, while the Class D amplifiers may have been "broken-in," it is possible that a two-day warm-up was not long enough for them to reach their full potential. I would have previously called BS on this notion but, after living with NC1200 monos for the past year, and switching between those and my Class AB amplifier, I found that both need to remain powered up all the time or the amp that is warmed up sounds better every time. Particularly with the Class D amplifiers, it seems they need to be powered-on up to a week for the treble to sound its best.

I also admit that the treble is one area where my Class AB amp beats the Class D amps. Both seem fully extended but the Class D amps seem comparatively a little "shelved-down" in the very upper frequencies, which seems to affect ambient cues more than how instruments/vocals sound directly. I get just a little better sense of venue and infill of the background sounds between players with the Class AB amp. However, there are other areas where I like the Class D amplifiers better, which is why choosing between the two has been difficult for me.