Does alcohol impair appreciation of sound?

Curious to know how alcohol effects other audiogon members when they are listening to music. For me, seems the frequencies become dull and I find myself wanting to mess around with the controls.
128x128makarisma
If you want to really get into the music (here i am talking about complex material like T.Monk and Beethoven, etc. and not Lynard Skinner which simply doesn't require close listening), play it while in a totally sober condition. It's primarily about attentiveness and not enjoyment per se. IMO, the more you hear in real time, the greater the pleasure you experience. Of course OTOH, if you go to a pub with a loud band playing R and Roll, it's more about the rhythm and less about the individual notes.
Drinking can be fun (exception- look out for mean drunks!) but it blurs the subtle nuances produced by a hi-rez system.
I await Alberts discovery, meanwhile;
I love a drink with a listening session.
Savoring the aroma and and richness of French
Brandy while having the luxury of Chamber Music
of a Master beautifully played and elegantly
reproduced by a system that reveals every nuance
allows me to feel like a King. As to amount; as Brandy
is best enjoyed warmed and sipped, I find no desire
to to drink to excess. As the warmth of the Brandy enhances my bodily sensations and relaxes my mind I am soon
overtaken by the music. I often find Brandy
in the glass after a listening session where I have been
transported to the world of a genius. Cheers...
I had an uncle who when under the influence, liked to switch to eyeglasses of a different prescription. He called this special pair his "drinking glasses." There is probably an analogy for audio...
Proper and joyful alcohol consumption requires proper research. One drink has to win with the best 'during' and 'after' actions per each individual. Some people prefer one drink over the other as a matter of fact, but I'll add more as an experienced drinker who never became an alcoholic. I found myself the most comfortable during and after 2 double-shots of Hine cognac chased either with peach, grapes, lemon, oranges and/or dark chocolate in the mix. I feel nothing bad at all after and it seems more like high than drunk and even able to drive car/truck or ride motorcycle. May even go to gym, but perhaps in mid-40's might be too risky to 'burn the engine':)

Cognac triggers me to listen to some fusion, funky jazz, punk rock(if creative please no Ramones)... Also it triggers me to take my musical instruments and start jamming and sometimes singing. I compared myself when sober and when with cognac recorded singing and cognac definitely wins making me totally different performer.