Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
I'm frequently astonished that in this age of forums and nearly instant posting of customer opinions of things that manufacturers aren't aware of how this stuff can mess with their reputation…and cost 'em…can Hegel afford bad publicity? They're reviewed by the audio press as soon as the paint is dry on any new piece of gear with nearly unanimous praise for their designs…and should jump on any complaints like their business depended on it…which it does.
Wolf, I agree with your point (it's in Hegel's best business interests to quickly address such complaints) BUT I find Sabai's vagueness about the exact nature of the complaint that Hegel "vehemently" declined to address as curious. I'm guessing if it were clearly described here, Hegel's refusal might appear more understandable. In the absence of additional facts, my O-pinion at this point is that, not getting the desired response from Hegel, the original post was written in an attempt to pay them back by generating some bad press. Of course, I could be completely misreading the situation. Been wrong before, I'm sure it'll happen again.
Knghifi,

I did not run the H20 in series.

Wolf_garcia,

I agree. I am astonished that Hegel did not make any attempt at all to help out. It perplexes me why they would simply walk away from their own product.

Ghosthouse,

I agree that "it's in Hegel's best business interests to quickly address such complaints". With all due respect, I believe I was clear about what happened. I stated in an earlier post, above, that "The flaw is one channel producing distorted sound or no sound at all."
Sabai, thanks for providing some additional info. I think you would have been more accurate and got better responses if you had titled the thread something along the lines of "Anyone having problems with Hegel customer service?" Hope you get your issue resolved.
Sabai - I apologize. I had forgotten you had provided that additional info. Do agree with Onhwy61 however about a less provocative title for the thread. I have an H200 purchased used on A'gon. It has given no problems at all. Simply because I do like it so much, I am planning to send it to the Hegel authorized service center below for a check up. Maybe this will be of use to you.

Approved Audio Service, Inc.
49 Commons Dr.
Litchfield, CT 06759
VOICE 860-567-5801
FAX 928-222-9493
www.approvedaudioservice.com